Sunday, February 7, 2010

huh?

I don't often get to blog much anymore, I stay too busy. However, there are times when things are just too funny not to pass along.
A few years ago, I sent my hubby to KFC. I told him to get an 8 pc bucket mixed with a few breasts in it because I don't like dark meat. I don't even remember what he came back with because the confusion in his eyes was just hilarious.
He said he didn't know WHAT he was supposed to order because he didn't know there were two kinds of chickens...one dark and one white. After I regained control of my laughter, I had to explain that there aren't two different kinds of chickens, but darker and lighter parts to each chicken. We still get a kick out of this whenever we pass KFC!
I am telling you this story to tell you another one ( I've always loved that line:-)...
The genius and I were watching Food Tech today ..they were making the perfect cheeseburger and talking about pickles. They were talking about how numerous bushels of cucumbers are loaded into a truck and taken to the factory. I'm watching intently because it's pretty cool how they flood the truck with water to get the cucumbers out and I hear "WHAT? PICKLES ARE CUCUMBERS?????" Again, I burst out laughing as usual and ask "really, you didn't know pickles were cucumbers?" To which he replies, " I've never seen a pickle as big as a cucumber." Um. Honey. They cut 'em. This character I'm married to is unintentionally funny. It amazes me how someone so smart can have the most dumb moments. I only keep him around because of the entertainment...and the cucumber. JK :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment